Here is a very easy recipe.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast, any kind
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages brown gravy mix, dry
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages ranch dressing mix, dry
- 1/2 cup water
- Place beef roast in crock pot.
- Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
- Pour the water around the roast.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- You can subsitute 1/2 cup of red wine. It will add a great dimension to the flavor. Remember, always use a wine you would drink. Cooking wine is not recommended.