Although I am stating the obvious, I need to remind people of the following:
- Fry your turkey outside. DO NOT FRY IN THE GARAGE OR THE KITCHEN.
- Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy should something happen. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher should for grease fires. Do not throw water on a grease fire. It will make it worse.
- Have the proper equipment (gloves, tongs, etc.) handy. Do not leave your fryer unattended. Do not have small children near or playing near the fryer.
- Place your fryer on a stable surface. Do not cook on a wooden deck or near grass, wood or anything flammable.
- Follow ALL safety precautions given in the instruction manual for your fryer. I tried to cover all the major safety tips, but you need to read the manual very carefully.