- 1 (3 lb.) chuck roast (1 1/2 to 2 inches thick)
- 1 teaspoon Accent (optional)
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle both sides of roast with Accent or use another method for tenderizing the meat. See note below.
- Place roast in shallow baking dish.
- Thoroughly combine ingredients. Pour mixture over roast and marinate 2 to 3 hours turning twice.
- Place meat on grill about 6 inches from heat. Turn and baste with remaining sauce mixture every 10 to 15 minutes. Grill over medium coals 35 to 45 minutes for medium rare roast.
- If you are sensitive to MSG, I would recommend not using Accent. I do recommend using a method for tenderizing the meat. I use a Jaccard meat tenderizer. It has multiple blades that will tenderize the meat to perfection.
- Makes 6-8 servings. Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans.
|Jaccard Meat Tenderizer|