- The Texas Wine School Wine Foundation Course: Introduction to Wine
- Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 “Vino al Pastor”
The Texas Wine School Wine Foundation Course: Introduction to Wine
Sunday, June 9, 2013 from 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
The Texas Wine School at the Ashton Austin Apts
101 Colorado Street
Austin, Texas 78701
The WSET Level 1 Certification Course Austin / San Antonio
Cost: $180.00 – includes wine, materials.
Date: June 9th and 16th. Exam June 16th at 3.00pm.
Location: Ashton Apts, 101 Colorado Street, Austin, TX, 78701, United States
Instructor: Robert Crandall & Lindsay Bailey
Wine Foundation Course will introduce you, at a very basic level, to the main styles of wine available, wine storage and service and the matching of food and wine. On completion of the Wine Education Class, Tasting Class, a candidate will be able to:
- Describe in general terms the main styles of wines available
- Display a basic understanding of the factors that determine the main styles of wine
- Describe in general terms the main characteristics of the principal grape varieties
- State the procedures for the storage of wine
- State the procedures for the opening of wines
- State the social, health, safety and legal issues relating to the consumption of wine
- Produce simple tasting notes using the Level 1 WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Understand basic food and wine matching theory.
Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 “Vino al Pastor”
Saturday, June 15, 2013 from 11:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 Wineries
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Cost: Free, However tasting fees may apply.
Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 Wineries partner with the finest restaurants in the area during normal winery hours – this time pairing Texas wines with dishes featuring savory pork shoulder cooked “al pastor” style. Admission is free, but normal tasting fees may apply. No ticket required!