Saturday, November 15, 2014:
What and Who: Chef Andrew Gerson returns to his roots to bring his beer and food knowledge to the good people of Austin. Armed with some of his favorite pairings from his journeys on the Mash tour, Andrew will speak on the delicate balance of malt and hops and how they interplay with a wide variety of edibles.
· Where: Central Market Westgate, 4477 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX
· When: Starts at 2:00 PM (Tickets: Free)
Sunday, November 16, 2014:
· What and Who: Austin Mash is staying easy like Sunday morning - or, in this case, like Sunday afternoon. The folks at Easy Tiger will have $1 Brooklyn Lager & East IPA cans, plus Brooklyn beers on tap.
· Where: Easy Tiger, 709 Easy 6th Street., Austin, TX
· When: Starts at 2:00 PM
- What and Who: Our week of cultural happenings gets off and running with this agrarian dining experience. Through roaming culinary events, Dinner on the Farm works to connect people back to the land and to the farmers and artisans who are making our communities a better place to live. There will be a tour of Simmons Family Farm, a feast prepared in collaboration with the Odd Duck chefs and Chef Andrew Gerson (Brooklyn Brewery) and enough beer for all.
- Where: Simmons Family Farm, 2483 Holz Rd., Lockhart, TX
- When: Starts at 3:00 PM (Tickets: $55)
- What and Who: Brooklyn Brewery co-founder Steve Hindy looks back with his fellow craft beer comrades to discuss the circumstances and ambitions that allowed a handful of individuals across the country to challenge one of the largest corporate dynasties in American history. Then they’ll look ahead to the future of good beer and talk about the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for American craft beer.
- What and Who: Perhaps you've just been turned on to the art of pairing beer and food. Perhaps you're an old hand at joining together the world's most versatile beverage and your favorite dish. Either way, Brooklyn Brewery Chef Andrew Gerson will impart some of the knowledge he's picked up while touring and collaborating with some of the most exciting chefs in the U.S.
- Where: School House Pub, 2207 Manor Rd., Austin, TX
- When: Starts at 6:30 PM (Tickets: $6)
- When: Starts at 8:00 PM (Tickets: $6)
- What and Who: The Found Footage Festival celebrates its tenth anniversary with a brand-new show and DVD (Volume 7). Hosts Nick Prueher and Joe Pickett, whose credits include The Onion and the Late Show with David Letterman, are excited to show off their new lineup of found video clips and live comedy. They love Austin so much that they've decided to host two shows: 7:30pm and 9:30pm.
- Where: Alamo Drafthouse Ritz, 320 E 6th St., Austin, TX
- What and Who: This pop-up dinner party, hosted in a unique, non-traditional location, embodies The Mash. The curated evening brings people together around a common table to share cuisine crafted by Brooklyn Brewery Chef Andrew Gerson in collaboration with Dinner Lab’s Chris Bailey to bring you playful, seasonal fare paired Brooklyn beer styles both familiar and rare.
- Where: Surprise location, announced day-of
- When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: TBA)
Tuesday, November 18, 2014:
· Where: TBA
· When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: $6)
Wednesday, November 19, 2014:
· What and Who: In true Brooklyn style, Brooklyn Ha Ha introduces some of the NYC standup scene’s best under-the-radar talent and brings their act to the looser, more freewheeling environment of The Grackle. Co-headlining will be Josh Gondelman and Jesse Popp.
· Where: The Grackle, 1700 E 6th St., Austin, TX
· When: Starts at 7:30 PM & 9:30 PM (Tickets: $12)
Friday, November 21, 2014:
Saturday, November 22, 2014:
· What and Who: Homebrewing: the art of conjuring magic in liquid form. Whether you are a learned veteran with more brewing equipment than living space a brewing novice, this is the event for you. The pros in Austin will guide you through the process of making beer from the comfort of your own home, and clone a Brooklyn Brewery beer.
· Where: TBA
· When: Starts at 2:00 PM (Tickets: TBA)
· What and Who: At the end of the day, The Mash is a festival. And what festival is complete without a soundtrack? Certainly not this one. That's why after a full week of feasting on good food, expanding our minds at panels and classes, and filling our bellies with delicious brews, we celebrate our last evening in town with a Bash; a Mash Bash. We're bringing the noise with Marnie Stern, Feral Future and Ghetto Ghouls.
· Where: Red 7, 611 E 7th St., Austin, TX
· When: Starts at 8:00 PM (Tickets: Free)
Post a Comment