Here is one of my favorite recipes and it is very easy to prepare.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 large tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve warm.
- Make sure you use tart apples. Granny Smiths are very crisp and tart. With the brown sugar and cinnamon added, it will take the edge off the tartness of the apples. Remember, this is not a dessert. It is a side dish.