Try out this favorite standby.
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 slices American cheese, each cut into 6 strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit.
- Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough triangle around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.
- Bake 12-15 min or until golden brown.
- Create a dipping sauce to go along with the crescent hot dogs. Several that come to mind are honey mustard, a chipotle ketchup or a wasabi mayo.