- 6 small baguettes
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 12 to 18 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 to 5 Roma tomatoes (12 to 18 slices)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves
- Set oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully slice each small baguette in half horizontally. Spread one side of each baguette with pesto. Continue to layer with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap each sandwich in a large piece of aluminum foil, place packages on baking sheet and bake 7 to 10 minutes or until sandwiches are warm and the cheese has melted. Unwrap sandwiches, open and add fresh basil leaves. Serve.
Optional ingredients: Sliced prosciutto, red onion, arugula or spinach can be added to the sandwiches for variety. Add arugula or spinach right before serving. Sliced prosciutto and red onion can be added to sandwich with ingredients listed above and then baked.