Give them a try.
- 6 potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup bacon bits
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave the potatoes on high until they are soft; approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half vertically. Scoop the inside out of the potatoes, until 1/4 inch of the potato shell remains.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C) in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Place the potatoes in hot oil, fry for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes on paper towels.
- Fill the potato shells with cheese and bacon bits. Arrange them in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot with sour cream.
Add ground beef or spicy sausage and you have a wonderful meal. I have also used beef with taco seasoning and adding Pico de Gallo.