The Texas Wine School at French Country Wines
2433 Bartlett Street
Houston, TX 77098
713 873 882
Wednesday, March 28, 2012, from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
The Texas Wine School Absolute Beginners: Wine in 3 Sessions
Date: Wednesday March 28th, April 4th and Thursday April 12th.
Location: French Country Wines, 2433 Bartlett Street, Houston, TX 77098
Instructor: James King
Absolute Beginners will introduce you, at a very basic level, to the main styles of wine available, wine storage and service and the matching of food and wine.
On completion of the Wine Education Class, Tasting Class, a candidate will be able to:
- Describe in general terms the main styles of wines available
- Display a basic understanding of the factors that determine the main styles of wine
- Describe in general terms the main characteristics of the principal grape varieties
- State the procedures for the storage of wine
- State the procedures for the opening of wines
- State the social, health, safety and legal issues relating to the consumption of wine
- Produce simple tasting notes using the Level 1 WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Understand basic food and wine matching theory.