Saturday, April 7, 2012 from 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail, Spring Bluebonnet Wine and Cheese Trail
211 Liberty Street (Retreat Hill Cellars)
Montgomery, Texas 77356
The Spring Bluebonnet Wine and Cheese Trail is a wonderful way to enjoy the beauty of native Texas wildflowers and enjoy the blooming viticulture at some of Texas’ best wineries. This is the namesake event for the Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail.
For the first THREE weekends in April 2012, the wineries along the trail will offer ticketholders a select pairing of two wines and two specially-crafted cheese dishes. As an added bonus, each ticket holder will receive a packet of Texas Wildflower seeds at each winery while supplies last. As an added bonus, when you visit your 5th member winery on the trail, you will receive a special bluebonnet tote bag.
Your trail tickets are good on April 7-8, April 14-15 or April 21-22, 2012, regardless of when you purchase them. Blaze your own trail and pick where you want to start and where you want to end. You six days over three weekends to visit all 10 wineries. Bernhardt Winery, Cork This! Winery, Retreat Hill Cellars and Retreat Hill Winery and Vineyard will be closed on Sunday, April 8 in observance of the Easter holiday.
The official hours for this event are Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on and Sunday, Noon to 5:00 p.m. on for each trail weekend. All wineries are open during the official trail hours. Several wineries open earlier or close later than the official hours, so please check the Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail website for specific winery hours. The Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail wineries remind you to drink responsibly and designate a driver.
The wine and cheese pairings are shown below:
- Bernhardt Winery – Pear chutney with Camembert cheese on a Crustini paired with red blend Sarah, and a pecan Gorgonzola grape wrap with Cabernet Sauvignon
- Colony Cellars – Marinated Mozzarella Cheese cubes with Rosemary Spears paired with Crisp Texas Blanc Cheese sticks with Creamy Rich Cheddar/Monterey Jack grits paired with Rich Texas Blush.
- Cork This! Winery – Broccoli-cheese soup paired with Staycation Chardonnay and Balsamic Blue Cheese Tomatoes paired with Bevo Blush.
- Messina Hof Winery – Goat Cheese Kisses and prosciutto wrapped Goat Cheese and Olive Skewers, both paired with Merrills Vineyard Muscat Canelli & Merrills Vineyard Pinot Noir..
- Pleasant Hill Winery – 2010 Sangiovese paired with imported Fontina cheese and Rose’ paired with sliced Brie on baguette drizzled with Klein Brothers Raspberry Chipotle sauce.
- Retreat Hill Cellars - Blue Heron Farm Mediterranean Goat Cheese on toast points paired with Retreat Hill Riesling and Goat Cheese, Sausage Mac-N-Cheese cups prepared with Blue Heron Farm Chevre paired with Retreat Hill Alamo Red Merlot.
- Retreat Hill Winery & Vineyard – Grilled beef sliders stuffed with Blue Cheese paired with Retreat Hill Vintner’s Blend and Apple Cobbler topped with grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese paired with Retreat Hill Dulce Blanco.
- Saddlehorn Winery: Gourmet Mac & Cheese done two ways with Saddlehorn Black Spanish semi and Saddlehorn dry Blanc du Bois.
- Windy Winery - Spanakopita paired with Syrah and Spicy Pepper Goat Cheese Spread on slice of baguette bread paired with Red Sunset blend of Lenoir.
- Texas Star Winery: Medley of Cheeses marinated with peppers, Italian and Greek olives, served with crusty homemade Italian bread, along with two select wines.