- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed field greens
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion (optional)
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- Place the salad greens in a large bowl. Add the red onion, pear, pecans, and blue cheese, and toss to mix evenly.
- To make the dressing, place the maple syrup, vinegar, mayonnaise, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a blender, and blend thoroughly. With the motor running, slowly pour in the walnut oil. Blend until mixture becomes creamy, about 1 minute. Pour over salad mixture, and toss to coat greens evenly. Serve immediately.