- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thaw according to directions
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup apple jelly, melted
- Unfold pastry and place on lightly floured board. Roll out evenly to make a bit thinner.
- Cut 3/4" strip off each long side. Place rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet. Prick evenly with fork. Brush long sides with water. "Paste" on strips along each long edge.
- Peel apples. Cut in half lengthwise and cut out stem and core. Place apples flat side down on board and cut across into paper thin slices.
- Arrange slices in overlapping rows on tart shell. Sprinkle with sugar and bake 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and apples tender.
- Brush warm melted apple jelly on warm tart. Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Makes 4 servings.