- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Scald 3 1/2 cups of milk in top of double boiler over direct heat. Remove milk from heat.
- Mix cornmeal with remaining 1 cup of milk, and stir this mixture into the scalding milk, stirring constantly. Place the milk mixture into the top of the double boiler and cook for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir butter, molasses, salt, sugar and cinnamon into the mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) oven for 1 1/2 hours.