Here's a great recipe that I use every time.
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 1 large red apple, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1 orange peeled and segmented (or use a small can of mandarin oranges)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine turkey, apple pieces, cranberries, orange, walnuts, celery and onions.
- Mixing in mayonnaise to taste and season with salt and pepper.
- You can add poultry seasoning to the recipe to give it a hint of sage.
- Mayonnaise can be added, but not taken out. If you like a "wet" salad, add more mayonnaise. "Dry" is less.
- Use toasted multi-grain bread and use the leftover cranberry sauce as additional dressing if you wish.