- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut up
- Place the potatoes and onion into a 4-quart saucepan and add water to cover. Heat over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and onion well in a colander. Return the potatoes and onion to the saucepan.
- Stir the soup, milk, heavy cream and butter in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 2 1/2 minutes or until the mixture is hot.
- Mash the potatoes and onion with the soup mixture until smooth.