- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. each nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. each granulated sugar and packed brown sugar
- 1 c. oil
- 2 c. canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. each raisins and nuts (optional)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Add the sugars, mixing well.
- Mix dry ingredients with the oil and pumpkin, stirring until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending thoroughly. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 1/2 x 5 1/4-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Makes 16 servings.