- 1 loaf whole-meal bread
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3/4 cup dried apricots (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large grated zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste (good when peppery)
- Crumble or cube bread. Add all ingredients and mix well. It should be moist and sticking together.
- Place it into a foil loaf pan, cover with silver foil (may refrigerate for up to 8 hours).
- Bake covered in 325°F oven for 1 hour. If drier stuffing is desired: uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes.