Saturday, October 27, 2012 from 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM
100 block of West Main Street
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
The Fredericksburg Food and Wine Fest will be in its 22nd year in 2012. Held in downtown Fredericksburg, Texas, on Marktplatz (the 100 block of West Main Street). It is a full-course celebration of Texas food, wine, music, specialty booths, food court, and fun for all.
2012 wineries scheduled to participate
• 4.0 Cellars is a collaboration of three wineries.
• This award-winning 10,040 square-foot winery is located in a 19th century German stone barn reproduction and surrounded by grazing quarter horses, peach orchards and fields of native wildflowers and lavender between Fredericksburg and Stonewall. The winery also features a tasting room, B&B and event center.
Bell Mountain Vineyards
• Winery and Vineyards are located on the slopes of Bell Mountain, just north of Fredericksburg. Here the mineral rich sandy-loam soils combine with the moderate climate to produce superior fruit and wines of distinctive character.
Bending Branch Winery
Bending Branch Winery, a boutique winery near Comfort, Texas, is a sustainable practices and organically focused operation with 14 acres of vines, comprising 14 varietals. Our wines include Award Winning Petite Sirah, Picpoul Blanc, Cabernet, Souzao, Vermentino and Tannat. While Tannat, our signature grape, has quickly emerged as a true champion of the terroir unique to Texas, we have found great success with many more. Our tasting room is nestled at the base of spectacular Hill Country views, and features tastings and events!
• At Bernhardt Winery our mission is to produce quality wines and to provide a fun tasting experience in a warm environment. We are a small mom and pop boutique winery producing classic varietals and unique blends. We can produce approximately 6,000 gallons of wine each year. Our Tuscan-style tasting room sits on top of a beautiful hill overlooking endless hills and valleys, much like Tuscany. We are located just 8 miles from historical Montgomery, Texas, birthplace of the Lone Star flag and 17 miles from Navasota, the Blues capital of Texas and home to numerous antique stores. In response to the wonderful support, we have expanded our facilities. We have completed the new winery, doubling its capacity. We hope you will find your way out to the top of our hill and enjoy some fine wines. Perhaps you too might sit and sip under the century old native pecan trees and release your imaginations and refresh your souls.
Located 9 miles west of Fredericksburg on Hwy 290, Chisholm Trail Winery celebrated its 11th anniversary in 2012. It is the home of “The Spirit of the Old West” where Longhorn cattle and quarter horses roam freely along scenic Spring Creek. The spectrum of award-winning wines available are all handcrafted by owner and winemaker Paula K. Williamson. The winery has a large saloon-style tasting room and is open daily from noon-6 pm. Wood fired gourmet pizza is also available on Friday, Saturday, and Sundays.
Crump Valley Vineyards
• Crump Valley Vineyards, established November 2009 by Travis Crump and Susan Jones. Producing and Bottling "Quality Texas Wines". The winery is located in Sulphur Springs, Texas about 4 miles south of Downtown. We are currently growing Blanc DuBois and Cayuga in Greenwood, Texas and currently rooting 2,000 cuttings to plant the first block of Blanc DuBois on the winery property in Sulphur Springs. Our Mission: QUALITY TEXAS WINES. It isn't just a slogan to us, it's a way of life. As owners of Crump Valley Vineyards, we have dedicated ourselves to producing good, honest wine at a fair price. We look forward to your visits at our winery and vineyards.
• Specializing in wine tasting for the curious type wanting to know a bit of vinticulture and the wine making process, or the novice wanting to learn how to taste and appreciate quality wines.
Fall Creek Vineyard
• The vineyards are located eighty miles northwest of Austin in the Texas Hill Country where the sandy loam soil, warm days and cool breezes off Lake Buchanan provide an excellent microclimate for growing premium wine grapes. Fall Creek Vineyards is named after gorgeous, spring-fed Fall Creek, which flows through the Auler family’s ranch near the winery. Fall Creek empties into the Colorado River at the spectacular Fall Creek waterfalls. The 90-foot waterfalls have been a landmark since the time of early man and continue to be one today. In the last decade, a focus on red wines has led to the production of Meritus, a super-premium red wine, which has been hailed ‘the best wine made in the state of Texas’ by several noted wine critics.
• Bring your family and friends to enjoy the beautiful view of Canyon Lake as you enjoy a glass of wine at Fawncrest, a small winery delivering quality wines.
• Located in downtown Fredericksburg, The Fredericksburg Winery is owned and operated by the Switzer family and produces a broad range of varietal and blended wines.
• Come in and enjoy one of our numerous Texas Award Winning Wines. Come and taste, swirl and sip wines made in Georgetown, Texas. Offering daily wine tastings, wine by the glass, bottles to take home, cigars, and a large selection of wine gifts. Located in Historical Downtown Georgetown A GO TEXAN Winery. The First Winery and most Award Winning Winery in Williamson County, Texas. We produce all our wines in downtown Georgetown in our Historical 126 Year Old building. Come Experience the true taste of Texas.
Grape Creek Vineyards
• Visit the beautiful and romantic Italian Villa tasting room and event center, enjoy some award-winning wine, and experience "Tuscany in the Texas Hill Country" at Grape Creek Vineyards, located between Fredericksburg and Stonewall.
• Great wine is a part of many of life most memorable moments, and Haak Winery is dedicated to creating distinctive wines to accompany the memories of all who taste them. Visit the estate in Galveston County and tour the winery or plan your next event there.
• Producing many internationally recognized, award-winning wines, Landon Winery had two locations, in historic downtown McKinney or historic downtown Greenville. Be sure to stop by and sample wines or purchase accessories, books or gift items at the gift shop.
• The simple mission of Llano Estacado has been to embody the fabulous potential of Texas wines. Today, it is the largest premium winery in the state, producing wines of world class quality, taking the lead in introducing the world to the great wines made in Texas. Tours run every day and walk-ins are always welcome at the Lubbock tasting room.
Lone Hen Winery
• The land at Lone Hen Winery has been organically kept for the last 17 years. Located just a quarter mile from the Brazos River, it was originally settled by local Indians where arrowheads, hand axes and curing blades can still be found. It's peaceful location contributes to Steve and Vicki's vision of keeping it small. "No one else helps us on the farm - it's all family," Steve says. Their children helped plant the vineyard as well as designing a logo, labels and picking the name. The mission of Lone Hen Winery is to produce world-class wines with a local personality. "We want our wine to possess its own unique style and taste, and compliment the local cuisine." Lone Hen Winery is taking a different tact of growing grapes and fuit that are adapted to this area and growing them without the use of pesticides and fungicides. They are working to craft wines that really make the "local" flavors shine!
Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards
• Here there is an unhurried approach to life, where every visitor becomes a part of the winery family. Relax, sip a glass of wine, listen to some Jazz and snack on Chef Dana's delicious tapas. A dining room, tasting room and tours are just some of the fun things to be experienced!
Maydelle Country Wines
• In the wonderful world that we live, there are thousands of wineries making tens of thousands of wines. It is in the midst of that wonderful world you will find Maydelle Country Wines located solidly in Left Field. The spirits of our rebellious forefathers, ambitious pioneers, and audacious grandparents reside at Maydelle Country Wines. Taking what they had and using it to grow this country is the spirit in every bottle of our Maydelle Country Wines. Maydelle Country Wines is located on a dirt road in a nearly 100 year old depot. Using only products available from the soil of Texas each batch is kept small for that personal taste. While other wineries sing to you the praise of their small batch wines, we let you taste them. All our batches are less that 200 gallons. Instead of dragging up the same old French grapes, we go out on a limb creating wines that are not only pleasant to drink, but down right FUN. Wines made from blackberries, grapefruits, elderberries and peaches just to name a few. But if you’re stuck in a rut we also do grapes: Scuppernong, Muscadine, Blanc de Bois, and others grown locally in our area.
• Messina Hof in Bryan was established in 1977 and in Fredericksburg in 2011. Stroll through our Vineyards. Enjoy more than 50 award winning wines. Stay in our 4-star 11-room Villa in Bryan and our 4 Manor Hauses in Fredericksburg. Come to our Hill Country Castle where we treat you like royalty. Open 7 days per week for tasting and hospitality. Voted Texas’ Best Winery by the Houston and San Antonio Rodeo International Wine Competition. Come join the family.
• Pedernales Cellars is Texas’ leading producer of authentic, handcrafted wines, including benchmark Tempranillos and Viogniers. Family owned & operated, Pedernales Cellars is dedicated to world-class wines, sustainable practices, and Texas Hill Country hospitality. Visitors can tour the underground winemaking cellar, then relax with a glass of wine on the tree covered deck with breathtaking views of the Texas Hill Country.
Piney Woods Country Winery & Vineyards
• Piney Woods Country winery & vineyards is one of the pioneer Texas Wineries, since 1985. Featuring Muscadine grape wines and fruit wines. The winemaker, Alfred J Flies, has been honored four times for his contributions to the Texas wine industry, by the Texas Wine and Grape Growers Association and has received over 70 wine competition medals. Most recently one gold, two silver and two bronze medals from the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo International Competition. Including 6 belt buckles, representing 3 International Best of Class awards and 3 Texas Best of Class awards. Alfred also feels greatly honored and proud to be selected as one of 14 wineries to have two Dallas-Fort Worth hotel meeting rooms named for his winery.
Pleasant Hill Winery
• Bob and Jeanne Cottle, proprietors of Pleasant Hill Winery, began as home winemakers in the early 1970’s. They made several different fruit wines in their respective states of Rhode Island and Wisconsin. The hobby got “out-of-control” after a move to Texas in 1979. A lovely piece of land with rolling hills was purchased in Brenham in 1992. Planting and building began, and in 1997, Pleasant Hill Winery opened its doors as Texas’ 27th commercial winery. Both families’ Grandparents came from Italy and made wine. The Zaffiro winepress, once used for the winemaking, is now proudly displayed in the Winery.
Pleasant Hill Winery celebrated its 14th year in April. More than a dozen award-winning wines are produced. There is a wine to please every palate from dry reds and whites to sweet wines and ports. Grapes come from the Brenham vineyard, the Texas Davis Mountains vineyard – featuring Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc – and from vineyards all over the great state of Texas. You can visit the Winery on weekends year-round for a tour and tasting. Regular hours are Saturday 11:00 – 6:00 and Sunday noon – 5:00. Browse the well-stocked gift shop.
• Our goal and our passion is to make the freshest and most unique, natural Texas meads that you will ever encounter. Our commitment to quality, locally sourced ingredients and small batch - hands on production techniques ensures exceptional quality and taste in all of our artisanal honeywines. We invite you to experience the amazing taste of what many believe to be mankind's oldest fermented beverage- now made with the finest Texas honey imaginable.
• On the shores of sparkling Lake Ivie, just between the Texas high plains and the hill country, we’re making wine for ourselves and our fellow Texans, with a sweetening start, and a tangy twist, and “just enough love from a Princess”. We think that wine is like art, everyone has their own taste, and none is more right than another-only different. With our Hot Texas summers lasting 8 months, give or take,-- we realize that many of our fellow Texans prefer sweet or semi-sweet wine during this time. Some folks in the industry may frown on this approach, but we’re from the school where “the customer is always right.” So,-- we hope to do just that—give our customers a choice of wines to drink, and let them decide what’s best. P.S. We make dry wines too!
Singing Water Vineyards
• The name Singing Water describes the wonderful sound that fills the air as the waters of Bruins Creek cascade over the waterfall on the property, which includes a tasting room housed in a restored Texas Hill Country barn. Family owned and operated, committed to producing premium wines to share with all who visit.
Sister Creek Vineyards
• Since 1988, Sister Creek Vineyards has been located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country in Sisterdale, Texas (Pop. 25). Bordeaux and Burgundy wine making techniques are employed to produce our Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot wines. These traditional wines are aged in 60 gallon oak barrels for up to three years. In combination with our barrel aging, minimal filtration methods are incorporated so the wines will retain their fullest flavors. In addition to these wines an Italian style Muscat Canelli is also produced. The winery is located between the cypress lined East and West Sister Creeks in a restored 1885 cotton gin.
Texas Hills Vineyards
• Located in the hills of the Pedernales River Valley near Johnson City. Perfect location for growing quality grapes, the intense Texas sun by day and cooler hill country nights gives grapes an intense flavor, ideal for wines.
Val Verde Winery
• The oldest continuously running winery in Texas! Located in Del Rio, each award-winning wine is carefully hand-made in small quantities. Be sure to visit and enjoy a complimentary tour and tasting.
Cost: See website
For more information, click here to visit their website.