- 2 oz. finely chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 2 oz. finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 3 oz. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (6 tablespoon or 1 stick)
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- .1 tsp. fine-grained kosher or sea salt
- 2/3 cup(s) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350°F. Spray the inside of an 8-cavity, 2-inch heart-shaped silicone pan with non-stick cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt in microwave on low power for 30-second bursts. Stir after each burst.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the egg and yolk in a bowl until frothy. Add the sugars and whip until very thick and pale colored, about 5 minutes. Add the melted chocolate mixture and blend completely.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder; add the salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture in 3 stages, blending well after each addition. Stir in the walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly among cavities in the pan. Bake 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out slightly moist. Remove from the oven and cool the pan on a rack. Turn the pan upside-down and gently peel away from the brownies. Then turn brownies topside up.
- Store in a single layer in a tightly sealed container, or covered with foil at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Post a Comment