Here is a chili recipe that uses a slow cooker to turn out a great bowl of red.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans with liquid
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker, and mix in onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, tomato puree, kidney beans, and cannellini beans. Season with chili powder, parsley, salt, basil, oregano, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low.
Post a Comment